noise coming from pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
hi, i just installed the enermax 500w liberty, plus got 2 new rounded ide cables...and a x1950pro.

did a bitta wire management etc etc whilst installing the power supply. got everything plugged in. turned on my pc, and there seems to be a whining noise. eveyrhting works fine, i can boot into windows, browse the internet, but a shrill whining noise keeps going on. (its also uneven...doesnt sound like the mobo. its like..shrill up and down.)

any ideas on whats wrong? tnx

edit. not sure where its coming from...it does seem louder near the powersupply, but i cant really pinpoint it.

im not sure...what could be wrong with the gfx card fan? should i try boot without it?

-wait, dumb question. i shall try that now. brb!

nope, it isnt the graphics card fan.
what could it be dammit T_T.

maybe it was because i didnt use 'enermax' psu cables? the PSU didnt come with a power connector (from the psu to the wall), so i used my old thermaltake PSU one.??

edit. i unplugged the cpu fan. its not that either.

its either coming from the PSU or CPU. definately.

and i also saw this in the tutorial seciton

High frequency beeeps while running- <Overheated CPU> Check the CPU fan for proper operation. Check the case for proper air flow.

could this be? its high frequency and it keeps going on and on. WTF??

while taking the old PSU out I (TRIED) to remove the heatstink on the CPU. i tried pulling it out and stuff, but it wuldnt come off. so i took just off the fan to slide the PSU out. could my pulling on the CPU heatsink somehow messed up the cooling or something? tnx

OK, if i take off the atx12v1 plug, the noise goes away when i turn on my pc. when i plug it in and tunr on my pc, squealing!!. WTF?? any ideas??

btw , dont test critical fans by trying to boot up without them. things like the cpu and graphics card could fry without that fan running.

as to what the whining is . have you done a harddrive diag with something like drive fitness test by ibm? just to make sure it isnt the harddrive going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom