Has anyone seen or heard about something like this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
Ok, when I launch a specific game (while knowing and checking that my display is in 32 bpp mode already) the screen flashes an comes back in 8 bpp mode! I know this because I have enough time to open my display panel and look. On a regular basis I can't even have the option of putting windows XP in 8 bpp mode! The error message then pops up "Windows display must be in 32 bpp mode". The screen then flashes again and i'm back in 32 bpp mode. So i'm thinking this program is somehow changing my display setting on the fly. I have the new Nvidia drivers install and have tried just about everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BTW- here's a screen shot of the error message and what it looks like.

YourFileHost.com - Free hosting for ALL your files

Same exact thing happened to me but the only way I could figure out how to fix it was by reformatting.

LOL! reformat!!! ARgg!!!! Thanks guys, thats what i thought :(
By the way i'm running windows xp

Have you looked for a patch for the game? Maybe there is a fix you can apply to the game instead of Windows.

probably older games are 256 color so it doesn't need to be in high color or true color settings so if you want to change the color settings there might be tweak so it won't need to go to 256 when running the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom