Gigabyte P35-ds3r Mobo Owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the HZ is the same thing as HK except its black and a bit tighter timings with a lower voltage or someting like that

Wrong the HZ's are Micron D9 chips while the HK's are exceptional quality proMOS chips. Even though their quality may be close the D9's are better overclockers and require less volts to reach very high rated specs. Once again not much difference performance wise in them but there for sure is a difference cosmetically. Don't worry about memory not working in motherboards....hardly ever does that happen and G.skill will work in the DS3R so just get it.

EDIT: Do you really think that the motherboards maker tests every single DDR2 ram chip in the world for compatibility with their boards? No they test the most popular just to assure that they work. They don't configure their boards for certain memory, what you see is just what they tested because of the memory being a big brand name. G.skill ill work just fine a long with just about every other DDR2 module

Wrong the HZ's are Micron D9 chips while the HK's are exceptional quality proMOS chips. Even though their quality may be close the D9's are better overclockers and require less volts to reach very high rated specs. Once again not much difference performance wise in them but there for sure is a difference cosmetically. Don't worry about memory not working in motherboards....hardly ever does that happen and G.skill will work in the DS3R so just get it.

EDIT: Do you really think that the motherboards maker tests every single DDR2 ram chip in the world for compatibility with their boards? No they test the most popular just to assure that they work. They don't configure their boards for certain memory, what you see is just what they tested because of the memory being a big brand name. G.skill ill work just fine a long with just about every other DDR2 module

really??? thanks for the correction

I have the gigabyte P35-DS3R, and 4Gb of G.skill PC6400 HZ's. First off, they work! Secondly i am extremely happy with both parts, the motherboard has descent features and is extremely good at overclock. Finally the HZ's are great for the price, i currently have got them up to 1067Mhz (while only 2Gbs though) on stock voltage).

I have the gigabyte P35-DS3R, and 4Gb of G.skill PC6400 HZ's. First off, they work! Secondly i am extremely happy with both parts, the motherboard has descent features and is extremely good at overclock. Finally the HZ's are great for the price, i currently have got them up to 1067Mhz (while only 2Gbs though) on stock voltage).

You can hit 1200mhz+ with 2.2 volts

um vernong 1200mhz will fricking push your E6750 to like 4800mhz...like that would ever happen. it will push one to 4000mhz with still CL 4 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom