Help picking out my new gaming rig!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just used that site and when i oc the q6600 to 3200 mhz and the vcore to 1.25 ( i dont know if its possible) and included everything else they recommend a 681 wattage

what? u mean PSU? watts don't matter its the amps on the 12 amps... thing... sora is the expert... ask him hes a freaking genius on PSU's

I think that minimum recommended, is assuming your computer is on 100% load, all the time. I doubt, you would need 681 watts of power. As vernong said, it's more about the amperage on the +12v rails.

The recommended total Power Supply Wattage gives you a general idea on what to look for BUT it is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection! Total Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important, followed by the +5V amperage and then the +3.3V amperage.

Are you selecting quad processor in system type? A quad-Core is still a single system. Quad System type means you would have 4 Q6600 running...

I just did that PSU calculator, according to what you were going to buy, and it said around 400-435w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom