IE6 Error in windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it up to date? Are all the SP installed and all the hotfixes installed?

If your dad only uses the computer for the web, Win98SE is pretty good.

Huh? A OS that is totally out of date with absolutely no SP or hotfixes in the last 2 years? I dont think so. that would be your last resort to use 98SE. Upgrade to XP if he has to but do not go back to 98SE. The flaws that affect all versions of Windows for the past 2 years that were only patched in 2000 adn above still affect 98. Could be very bad.

My dad is very picky, he does not like windows XP, and I did go to windows update for windows 2000 and installed all the updates.

My dad is very picky, he does not like windows XP, and I did go to windows update for windows 2000 and installed all the updates.
You can install XP and then just use the Classic Look. It gives the look of Windows 2000 but it is XP.;):laughing:

Yes but I'd like to know WHY that happens when he goes to MSN.com sometimes and browses it... I mean like that never ever happened to me when I used windows 2000.

It could just be that the page needs to be refreshed. Is he on a wifi connection? That could be that he lost signal while loading that page. If not could jsut be the page loaded in error.

It could also be that he clicked a link that isnt valid. Next time he does it copy down the url and test it on another PC. Or put it up here and see if any of us can access that page.

No, not on a wifi, just a regular lan connection. I'll try to test the URL to see if it works on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom