GA-965P-DS3 1.0 with Ballistix D9's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkonjibhu

Baseband Member
I was wondering if the DS3 1.0 will have a problem running 4x1GB of Ballistix 6400 4-4-4-12 D9's. I heard that the DS3 have issues with the D9's, but all these problems were dates around 6 months ago before any of the newer BIOS, not sure if they are still existent. Just want to make sure my sticks will work before I get the board. Thanks.

i don't think they will have any issues... unless the ram type (ddr2-xxx speed)isn't supported....

I currently have the 1.0 version and have ddr2 800 (4x1GB 5-5-5-15) installed with no worries, but the OS only sees 3.5 GB of it.

Just trying to make sure, because I heard there were quite a few people having issues with having either D9 based sticks, or 4GB installed. If there isn't any issues with it, then great, because this is the MB I wanted to buy.

Dont buy that board. Get the DS3R P35 instead. Shouldnt be that much more expensive, and it is a better overclocker and is also future compatible with Intel's forthcoming Penryn CPUs.

Well I found a really nice deal on the DS3, which is why I was considering it over the DS3R. Also, the DS3R is a bit expensive for me at the moment. If I were to go for P35, I might go towards Biostar. I hear they overclock like crazy, just not sure on their support...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom