x1950xt vs 8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaronkupen, you have the sapphire x1950xt... I was planning on getting that because it is so cheap $149 right now on newegg. You said you didn't like it though... can I ask why??

From reviews I read from it... if I end up getting that.. I'm worried about the noise and heat.

hm... does anyone know if the price on the q6600 will drop even more once the Penryns come out in December??

If I hold out until December to get dx10.1 card.... I don't see the point in getting a q6600 system right now. I might as well wait and just get a Penryn and a dx10.1 in december....

They probably will a little bit. I wouldn't recommend waiting though, you should get a p35 motherboard and spend 70 dollars on a cpu so you can have one now.

aaronkupen, you have the sapphire x1950xt... I was planning on getting that because it is so cheap $149 right now on newegg. You said you didn't like it though... can I ask why??

From reviews I read from it... if I end up getting that.. I'm worried about the noise and heat.

Well mine is actually unpleasantly loud when I'm playing some games. I don't mind a system that makes noise, but this actually gives me a headache at some points, I actually just blast music now while I'm playing games. It does run hot -- if you are not tweaking the fan settings you will be running in the mid to high 90's (celsius) while playing games.

I've also been experiencing really bad visual glitches such as artifacting.

maybe its your case? do you have proper airflow? just to test, take the side panel off and see how the temps change, if they go down a lot you prolly need more fans, or at least arrange your fans better.

maybe its your case? do you have proper airflow? just to test, take the side panel off and see how the temps change, if they go down a lot you prolly need more fans, or at least arrange your fans better.

Tried it, the temps went down a degree or two. There was nothing substantial, I added a front fan permanently, and put a fan temporarily below it to blow air at it and it didn't do much either. I was still getting the artifacting problems. I think I have a bad card, and since I mailed in my serial number for a rebate I'm pretty much screwed.

Tried it, the temps went down a degree or two. There was nothing substantial, I added a front fan permanently, and put a fan temporarily below it to blow air at it and it didn't do much either. I was still getting the artifacting problems. I think I have a bad card, and since I mailed in my serial number for a rebate I'm pretty much screwed.

The X1950XT isn't really supposed to do that so i'm guessing you got a bad card. RMA it after you get the rebate...if you got it off the egg they will still do it.

The X1950XT isn't really supposed to do that so i'm guessing you got a bad card. RMA it after you get the rebate...if you got it off the egg they will still do it.

I've called them up and they already mentioned they won't accept the card since there is no serial number. My only chance is to go through sapphire directly, but it might be more of a hassle than its worth.

I'm very happy with my X1950XT. It's Folding away quite well right now, and runs my games perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom