PC Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
Hello. Whenever I startup my pc, threre is a message on the screen (17" BENQ) saying 'signal not detected'. So I tried a different screen (crappy CRT) and it also just stayed blank. But, i used a different VGA wire with the CRT screen, so i take it that it can't be the wire. So, after that, I tried the BENQ screen on my laptop, and it worked. I used the same wire as on the other PC, the one that the screeen didnt work with. So I came to the conclusion that it must be the graphics card in the PC. I have fixed the problem before by taking out the VGA cable and swapping the ends (the screen to the graphics card, and the graphics card to the screen) but i have tried this numerous times, and it didnt work this time.

The question I ask is: have you got any ideas on any other things that it may be? I really dont want to waste £20 on a card that won't fix my system.

Also do you think that my hard drive may have failed on me without me knowing (or it is noticable when they fail?) because i have been having hard drive trouble.

my hard disk trouble: http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/computer-making-strange-sound-startup-146390/

Thanks for help.

Okay i will firstly try to boot with no RAM, then try a new vid card. Do you think that they will let me take it back if it dosent fix the problem?

Pretty much ANYTHING you do inside a pc voids a manufacturer warranty if you bought it at a normal store.

Do you have a cheap *** video card to try it with? Or onboard video?

I have returned stuff with no worries. Read the receipt before you open the box. You can always tell them you bought the wrong card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom