x1950xt vs 8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
well wikipedia.org is reliable about other things but not future products. Wikipedia.org does have its sources linked. I use wikipedia.org to search tech terms, vocab, specs of already products, etc.

Yah, I use wikipedia as a resource to look for other sources on whatever I'm looking for. It's a very amazing tool. I hope you can figure out the real url to that link though, the blocked out word rhymes with "mastard".

Alright, this might be a STUPID question, but will a XFX 64mb graphics card work with on a p35-ds3r motherboard?

I bought this graphics card in 2003-2004.... I don't even know what kind it is... it's an Nvidia.... a really BUDGET PCI card (not PCI-E). Just wanted to know if I could use this card and upgrade when the new dx10.1 cards come out.

DX10 won't be in for another 4 or 5 months and by then you can actually get a GOOD DX10 card rather than a crappy 8600GTS that will do about 40 FPS on lowest settings compared to an X1950XT that would do medium instead in those circumstances.

When DX10 games comes out, you will have the option to run it on DX9 with 8600GTS.

And for your information my three years old Geforce 6600 doesn't play current games on lowest settings. And you are here saying that 8600GTS will play the games that will come out in the next 4-5 months on lowest setting !! I hope that you are joking

Yah, I use wikipedia as a resource to look for other sources on whatever I'm looking for. It's a very amazing tool. I hope you can figure out the real url to that link though, the blocked out word rhymes with "mastard".

oh ok. Thx lol. I'm going to bed, good night.

i think the HD 2900xtx will probably just be an overclocked 1 gb HD 2900XT, just like the x1950 XTX is an overclocked x1950xt 512 MB.... just an assumption....

If it ever comes out, I'd bet that it is exactly what you are saying.

i'm gonna get an x1950xt instead of an 8800gts 320mb, when i build my system.... and use it as a placeholder until a true DX10 card comes out (10.1)

hm... does anyone know if the price on the q6600 will drop even more once the Penryns come out in December??

If I hold out until December to get dx10.1 card.... I don't see the point in getting a q6600 system right now. I might as well wait and just get a Penryn and a dx10.1 in december....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom