x1950xt vs 8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does seem to be willing to spend that much... but he hasn't really mentioned if he would like to upgrade within 6 months after that $150-200 purchase. If so, I think it would be a waste of funds to get a card like that especially if he is not going to be playing any intensive games for a bit.

I agree with you. And I don't want to buy 2 cards.... I'm not that rich... lol. Even if I waited until December to get the 9800's or w/e they're called, I don't think I could afford it. Probably around $400+ right? I would probably end up getting a price reduced 8800GTS if I were to wait until December.

AAHHHH I don't know what to do... and if I wait until december... OMG... the 45nm Quad Cores will be out and I'll be so tempted... and next thing you know they are talking about the 32nm to be release in a couple months.. HAHA

I agree with you. And I don't want to buy 2 cards.... I'm not that rich... lol. Even if I waited until December to get the 9800's or w/e they're called, I don't think I could afford it. Probably around $400+ right? I would probably end up getting a price reduced 8800GTS if I were to wait until December.

AAHHHH I don't know what to do... and if I wait until december... OMG... the 45nm Quad Cores will be out and I'll be so tempted... and next thing you know they are talking about the 32nm to be release in a couple months.. HAHA

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TECHNOLOGY.

I would say if you don't really want to upgrade in the near future but you want to be able to play dx10 games coming out well... get the x1950xt or the 8800gts. I'd recommend getting the cheapest 8800 you could find though. That does seem to be out of your price range though, but it's up to you.

I'm a waiter, I waited quite a long time before I made a new syste and I timed it out to the release of the p35 chipset. This way I can enjoy a new PC now, but also be able to upgrade to the penryn cpu's coming out at the end of 07/early 08.

TO THIS DAY, OVER A YEAR. I have still never heard of one person on an overclock site fry a Core 2 Duo Chip by overclocking. This isn't the 90's anymore, motherboards shut off when they see a too high overclock it's as simple as that. As long as you dont try to shove 1.8 vcore through your chip at once it is completely safe.

um......i OCed my 6600 LE too much January, disabled my ATI 9200 LE February only to find out i replaced my default boot loading screen with a customized one n now my computer wont reboot.

though my situation isnt a C2D but is somewhat related, exception my 6600 LE is malfunctioned n somewhat works, just doesnt boot all the way.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TECHNOLOGY.

I would say if you don't really want to upgrade in the near future but you want to be able to play dx10 games coming out well... get the x1950xt or the 8800gts. I'd recommend getting the cheapest 8800 you could find though. That does seem to be out of your price range though, but it's up to you.

I'm a waiter, I waited quite a long time before I made a new syste and I timed it out to the release of the p35 chipset. This way I can enjoy a new PC now, but also be able to upgrade to the penryn cpu's coming out at the end of 07/early 08.

u saying i shouldnt get the HD 2900 XTX, if it every comes out?

i want to have the best of the best graphics card for gaming mostly n if it isnt enough n doesnt support DX10.1, then ill be kind a ****ed.

sry if i sound way off topic.......

u saying i shouldnt get the HD 2900 XTX, if it every comes out?

i want to have the best of the best graphics card for gaming mostly n if it isnt enough n doesnt support DX10.1, then ill be kind a ****ed.

sry if i sound way off topic.......

I'm not saying don't get the 2900xtx if it comes out, but it won't support dx10.1. But if you get it you still won't have the best of the best, the 8800 ultra will undoubtedly still be the king until the g90 gets released.

I'm not saying don't get the 2900xtx if it comes out, but it won't support dx10.1. But if you get it you still won't have the best of the best, the 8800 ultra will undoubtedly still be the king until the g90 gets released.

well dont forget, the R700 is planned to come out early 2008. If i get an HD 2900 XTX, then the highest end R700 to replace it or Crossfire with the HD 2900 XTX.

hmm u think the Crossfire thing is a good idea with these 2 future cards i just said i wanted to do to them if i own them in the future?

well dont forget, the R700 is planned to come out early 2008. If i get an HD 2900 XTX, then the highest end R700 to replace it or Crossfire with the HD 2900 XTX.

hmm u think the Crossfire thing is a good idea with these 2 future cards i just said i wanted to do to them if i own them in the future?

I'm not the best person to be asking about SLI/Crossfire because I am not a fan of doing that at all. To me, selling the old card and using that money to fund another card will usuaully yield better performance rather than buying an identical card to pair it up with. After that you probably will be spending the same amount out of your pocket anyway. And if it's two of the highest end cards I just consider it to be overkill and just used for benchmarking.

But for the R700, I would take any speculated release date for their next series with a grain of salt. How long did it take for the r600 to come out again?
You could also get the 8800 ultra and step up to the 9800gtx (who knows if that is what it will be called).

I'm not the best person to be asking about SLI/Crossfire because I am not a fan of doing that at all. To me, selling the old card and using that money to fund another card will usuaully yield better performance rather than buying an identical card to pair it up with. After that you probably will be spending the same amount out of your pocket anyway. And if it's two of the highest end cards I just consider it to be overkill and just used for benchmarking.

But for the R700, I would take any speculated release date for their next series with a grain of salt. How long did it take for the r600 to come out again?
You could also get the 8800 ultra and step up to the 9800gtx (who knows if that is what it will be called).

well i dont have to do Crossfire, i just want a to have a 790x future mobo to have 2 PCI-E 2.0 slots rather than 3-4, it's just rediculous to have. I will eventually do Crossfire, no doubt. The HD 2900 XTX is catching my eye, not so much the 8800 Ultra, it's too **** expensive.

right now, from wikipedia.org, R700 is rumored to come out early 2008.

u know how differ DX10.1 from DX10? I cant find any info about it.

well i dont have to do Crossfire, i just want a to have a 790x future mobo to have 2 PCI-E 2.0 slots rather than 3-4, it's just rediculous to have. I will eventually do Crossfire, no doubt.

right now, from wikipedia.org, R700 is rumored to come out early 2008.

u know how differ DX10.1 from DX10? I cant find any info about it.

link to dx10 info

But again, I would not expect the r700 to be released anytime close to the beginning of 2008 - and this is wikipedia we are dealing with.

link to dx10 info

But again, I would not expect the r700 to be released anytime close to the beginning of 2008 - and this is wikipedia we are dealing with.

well wikipedia.org is reliable about other things but not future products. Wikipedia.org does have its sources linked. I use wikipedia.org to search tech terms, vocab, specs of already products, etc.

EDIT:

ur PM link n this link doesnt work. What's the * word? Sry if i ask, wierd site name lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom