8800 in a pci-e 4x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
To make a long story short, my mobo has an agp8x slot and a pci-e 4x slot. I am currently using a 6800gtx in the agp slot, and the rest of my specs are in my sig. I cannot run the latest games anymore, and i need a new vid card.

Im saving up for a new pc, and i have about 500 right now, and im making about $200 a week lifeguarding, so by the end of the summer ill have around $1400. In my new build i have planned out for the end of the summer, im getting an 8800gts. Would it improve my gaming performance at all if i went ahead and bought it now, and put it in the 4x slot, and then when i build my new pc, ill stick it in the new pc and put my 6800 back in this one.

Bottomline: Do you guys think it would improve my gaming performance at all if i replaced an agp8x 6800xt (oc'ed for all its worth) with a pci-e4x 8800gts? Thanks.

no he has a pci e 4x slot he wants to put his 8800 in
idk much about that so i cant really give you an answer sorry

i would say hold on to your cash and just buy it all at once. you'll be kicking yourself if the 8800 drops in price by the time you have enough dough to buy the rest of your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom