hey new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
--But also for roughly 75 dollars more. and more than 100 more if you add in a better heatsink. I have bought a case fan, but if I spend 30 dollars on a gpu fan... this gpu will be costing me upwards of 200 dollars. why even bother when I could just have bought a 8 series? It's a complete waste in my eyes to do that.

Not to mention this card is giving me horrible artifacts.

Also, the 8600gt might not be able to touch the frames that the x1950xt can produce... but does every gamer need the power of a x1950xt? Some people are satisfied with playing on medium settings at 40 fps.

Youdon't think the 8800 series are loud either? Maybe not as but quite close. Your also going to tell me you got something such as one of these and your card still isn't cool?

Newegg.com - Rosewill RFX-100B 90mm PCI Slot Case Cooler - Retail

It gives you artifacts because its too hot once again. You can also always reseat the stock HSF with good thermal paste even. It's not hard to get a card cool with minor accessories really. You don't need an aftermarket fan always.

I've tried that, but it didn't help the artifacting problems. When I play cs:s the card runs at low 80's ( I have the heatsink running at 100% in this case) and I'm getting horrible artifacts, discolorations, and other graphical flaws. From what I read low 80's is perfectly acceptable for this video card, and accordint to ATI the card should function properly even at 100 degrees Celsius.

i wouldnt recommend the 8600 AT ALL
if your not going to get the x1950xt (which imo is the best DX9 card for the money)
get a 7900GS or X1950PRO

EDIT: if you have a decent case with a side fan of any size you should be fine with the x1950 temps

i wouldnt recommend the 8600 AT ALL
if your not going to get the x1950xt (which imo is the best DX9 card for the money)
get a 7900GS or X1950PRO

Why wouldn't you recommend the 8600 to anyone?
The x1950xt is pretty much the best dx9 card in most games. I think the x1950xtx is the only card that beats it but I'd just say that the xtx is pretty much an oc'ed xt ^-^.

because the 8600gt performs worse then most dx9 cards

I wouldn't go as far to say most, but with some overclocking the card performs pretty decently. The reason I would have liked to get this card is because of the added image quality of the 8 series. I am currently not playing any truly demanding games, and I don't plan to be anytime soon. So the 8600gt would be able to play games like cs:s on very high settings and i'd be getting the added image quality. For my needs it would have worked, but I do agree that it isn't ideal for everyone.

i like your idea

fade2black also wich do you think is better for the price

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100186L Radeon X1950XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP Video Card - Retail
or
Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JUDF3 GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
or
Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JU1D4 GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Fatal1ty Video Card - Retail

i like both of the xfx cards because the color because my pc is for gaming and also show and tell for me and bmxfreaksriders new buiseness

Out of those X1950XT is the fastest video card, but it has some issues like power consumption, loud fans, and heat.

However, I myself I recommend this video card
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

i dont see why the 86600 would have better image quality?

Nvidia has improved the image quality in 8 series, and yes 8xxx series would have better image quality than ATI X1950

ok so for image quality it would be good but this dude wants something for his main gaming rig
so i still say he should go with the x1950xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom