Problems with increasing fsb, voltage, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckle50

In Runtime
ok, i have the system in my sig, and fort some reason whenever i try to increase the fsb or voltage, when i try to restart my computer i get a long beep followed by another (i think it would keep going). according to my motherboard manual, this signifies that there is no ram installed. im not sure why it does this. might it be my motherboard? my motherboard is a discount piece of shit, and unlike the fx5200 vid card that works, its a discount piece of shit that i have a ton of problems with. Considering my system specs, can you guys recommend a good motherboard that i can get? id like to have it support dual channel and sata (i may get a sata hd soon). id also like it to support overclocking (no intel!)

holy shit that things expensive. the one i have now cost 50 bucks, haha... thanks for the reply

well, tell us how much you are willing to spend, and we will find you a good Motherboard for the price range

well id like a cheaper one but i like all those ide ports as well as the sata... and one of the reviews said its a great overclocking board. i do want the i875p chipset. if thats what i have to spend, so be it.

how high are you increasing the voltage and bus speed?
A good practice would be in increments of .25 voltage
Bus speed id jump from 133 to 140 for starters .See if it will boot then .If so run Prime 95 for 5-24 hours to test for errors .

my bios only lets me increase the voltage in .1 increments. even at stock speeds it sometimes wont boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom