Help picking out my new gaming rig!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh...check out my 1337 wire management, in my gallery on the bottom of my sig, for some ideas.

being able to see a few cables is where ti's at man. It's pretty **** cool to see like two cables and thats it in your window. No cables at all and it looks...boring. This is why you get some cathodes and some UV reactant cables and bam. Or just get colored cables to accent your case and be done with it. Just be sure to get lots of zip ies and remember electrical tape is your friend.

EDIT: Buy a frickin PSU that has cables already sleeved, as well as some colored SATA/IDE cables.

You don't have to even sleeve all of your cables in a case like that. Just add these adaptors on the ends of them and through the case you will only see these colors if your PSU is not sleeved. Making a case look good is just common sense.

Which PSU would you recommend that is all sleeved and has around 550W?

One of these

Ultra X-Finity 600-Watt ATX Dual 80mm Fan SATA-Ready SLI Ready Black Open Box Power Supply RB-ULT31848 ON at TigerDirect.com

I own one and the Flexforce cables are VERY nice for wire management. That PSU wont break the bank either.

EDIT: If you are going to use that Lian case then you don't need a fully sleeved PSU really but it's always nice to have one. I highly suggest you look on SVC.com and get your cold cathodes, some zip ties and other case mods. get some of those adaptors I showed you to appear right in front of the window.

The Ultra X-Finity is Tier 2 in PSU's while Seasonic is Tier 1 so if you saw one thats a good idea then. I heart my Ultra though and it provides plenty enough amps for me heh.

it is sleeved and if you want good cable management it will be a god send.
Also the alienware cases dont have good air flow i know i have one you have to have watercooling with those because all that cosmetic stuff make them suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom