last pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You odnt need the DVI cable, if its a DVI monitor then it will have its own cable, and if its a vga monitor the video cards have adapter plugs so you can still use it.

The monitor should definitely come with the DVI cable, if it doesn't I would take that as a MAJOR turn-off and not even buy the monitor. Thats just me though.

About the 64-bit thing...
In Vista, 32-bit will support more than 3GB RAM, that was a problem in XP, but not in Vista.
Since you use Maya 8 though, you will probably do well to get the 64-bit OS. I use Maya and 3DS Max too and I find them running great on Home Premium 32-bit with 2GB RAM (I am planning to get 2 more soon). It depends on how seriously you model and animate. If you do real serious stuff, you will do best with a high-end quad core, or at least a strongly overclocked q6600. I know this from experience. I have my QX6700 oc'ed to 3.3 GHz.

Good luck on your build though =)

thanks...i took a class of that in school and can make some pretty cool stuff.

off topic but can i transfer the stuff i made from maya 7 to maya 8? my dads pc screwed up and he had to reinstall windows. thankfully, he saved my maya stuff. its the PLe version because the real one is too expensive. :(

yes i believe you can. I've never done it with maya but I have with 3DS Max so I assume its the same.

Ya I know the software is expensive, if you are a student, you can go to journeyed.com and they give HUGE discounts on the software. Thats where I get mine.

pm me some work you have done, I would like to see.

ok...i know the prices go down to like 800 or something. i'll pm you some of the new stuff i was working on. i didn't transfer the stuff back yet, when i do i'll send you some other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom