last pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollithemagicbum

In Runtime
computer-2.jpg

is everything here compatible and will it all fit? suggestions?

i most likely gonna get the q6600, but im saving this to have an idea of how much it'll cost.

thanks.

IMO, you dont need Vista Ultimate, let alone the 64-bit.
Just get Vista Home Premium 32-bit. It will save you alot of money and you probably wont even know the difference.

I also think sound cards are unnecessary but thats just me. I have my Bose speakers hooked up to my onboard audio and it sounds great.

Whats the extra DVI cable for?

For the mouse, you might want to go to a local store and make sure you like the feel of it in your hand. I tried one and it felt terrible in my hand so I got a Logitech G7 and I love it.

Everything else looks good =)

64-bit is only an issue if you install a lot of older programs/games (like me), so if that is the case for you, I'd also suggest going with 32-bit. (Do note though, with 32-bit any memory over ~3GB would be unusable.)

Ultimate vs Premium...I have both (laptop/desktop) and can tell you for a fact there is zero difference for general use...beyond the "extras" Ultimate gets (click here to see what I mean - old and useless), so if there is a price gap, I'd definitely get the cheaper one.

When I bought mine, there was a $5 difference from Premium to Ultimate, which is why I figured 'what the heck'.

What's that setup runnin' $-wise? :)

did you edit newegg pics together? cool I would say stick with XP pro for the time being. Don't go vista until at least Sp1. The logitech G5 is arguably the best gaming mouse in the world and its only like $35. Other than that looks good.

IMO, you dont need Vista Ultimate, let alone the 64-.

Whats the extra DVI cable for?

Everything else looks good =)

i thought that the monitor doesn't come with the dvi cable.

i wanna get 64 bit, because i use maya, so i can have 4 gigs and use all of them later.

64-bit is only an issue if you install a lot of older programs/games (like me).

What's that setup runnin' $-wise? :)

the only game that i'd put in it first will be the sims 2, because it's on my dad's pc. will that have problems?

i'm gonna get other games later.

without shipping right now, it comes to $1,924.74. do you think prices will go down by september. i'm thinking of getting the q6600 to be ready for future games.

did you edit newegg pics together? cool I would say stick with XP pro for the time being. Don't go vista until at least Sp1. The logitech G5 is arguably the best gaming mouse in the world and its only like $35. Other than that looks good.

yep...i thoght it would be easier instead of link clicking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom