Dual Screen Monitors - Questions about setting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooFighter

Solid State Member
I am wanting to setup my computer to have multiple screens. So I can double my workspace and desktop size. I work as a graphic designer & web developer, so the more space I have on screen, the easier it would be for me.

What do I need to do to accomplish this? I heard I need to install a special graphics card? Can anyone explain this to me? I would really love to do it soon....

Thank You!

:freak:

u dont need a special gpu just a gpu thats has two screen plugs, most gpu's have them, just plug both screens in the back of ur comp.

u dont need a special gpu just a gpu thats has two screen plugs, most gpu's have them, just plug both screens in the back of ur comp.

hes right... even my video card has 2 output plugs...... two vga's...... unless ur using integrated graphics... i'm sure u have support for dual screens....

I already have the two monitors, and I originally thought it would be that easy.... but my computer has only one input slot for the monitor. I then went to the store and bought a splitter, but all that did for me was put the same image on two different screens...

stupid question - what's a gpu?

oh...

also, the computer i have is a Sony Vaio ~? Not sure what year it was bought... I think around 2002

I already have the two monitors, and I originally thought it would be that easy.... but my computer has only one input slot for the monitor. I then went to the store and bought a splitter, but all that did for me was put the same image on two different screens...

stupid question - what's a gpu?

gpu = graphics card/ graphics processing unit.... but ur video card utility Catalyst or forceware should support screen splitting..... just take a look

a gpu is the graphics card, is ur's a laptop? u have to set it up so that there one big screen and not the same image. i do it through ntune but i dont know what use to use

do a screenshot of ur desktop's tray... i'll help u locate the ATI/Nvidia Utility.....

ok... that's something I will definetely do... but I'm at work right now, and the pc is at the house.

THank you for all of your advice (prompt), I will take a snapshot and upload it later tonite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom