$1000 to spend on a gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK....why are you getting 4GB of RAM?....OK well if you do the rebate, that's a great deal.....about $140 for 4GBs is not bad at all. You do know, that if you want to use that 4GB of RAM, you will need to get a 64-bit OS, right?...because a 32-bit will not address that amount of memory, efficiently.

Please tell me, you are not using that power supply, included with that case. How many times, do we have to say this.?Oh ok...well you're new here, so you're an acception. Power supplies that are included with cases, are not reliable. They have a very high chance of failing on you, and might take your whole system down, with it.

yeah im new to this whole thing so dont bash on me too hard plz, haha

if i want to run the SLI in the future should i just go ahead and get a 600+ power supply?

and what OS will support 64-bit?

Vista and XP support 64-bit...but I will say, it's not necessary to go 64-bit. There is a lack of driver and support for 64-bit. Stick with 32-bit, and just get 2GB of RAM. It's more than enough, for your needs, unless you're planning on CAD, graphic, or video editing.

yeah i got 32bit vista and its fine, everyone should listen to b1gapl and sora on builds

and me :) i'm smart too :), i think..... but i don't think 4gb will be necesary unless u will be running Windows Vienna 32bit (future OS), Windows Vista 64bit, CAD and such and such

Vista and XP support 64-bit...but I will say, it's not necessary to go 64-bit. There is a lack of driver and support for 64-bit. Stick with 32-bit, and just get 2GB of RAM. It's more than enough, for your needs, unless you're planning on CAD, graphic, or video editing.

i have a copy of XP SP2, not sure if it supports 64bit or not...but thats what i'll be using

i do alot of video editing and photo editing. and i figure with the rebate why not just get 4gigs.

vernong i didnt know u had vista aswell. is it home preium? also coz we got 32bit if i ever got 2 more gigs of hz's will it work still, e.g will it be worth it?

vernong i didnt know u had vista aswell. is it home preium? also coz we got 32bit if i ever got 2 more gigs of hz's will it work still, e.g will it be worth it?

i got ultimate.... my bud just gave me the version he torrented because he said it made his benchmark scores drop badly.... i never used it because i know my current system couldnt handle it

i have a copy of XP SP2, not sure if it supports 64bit or not...but thats what i'll be using

i do alot of video editing and photo editing. and i figure with the rebate why not just get 4gigs.

cool... but the rebate only applies once from what i've heard...... unless u got another residence or family member who will give u the rebate back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom