Into the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great anouncement Dave! I love to watch the forum grow, and I have to admit, this new vb code is really starting to grow on me (aside from the previously mentioned non-functional aspects).

:D

rofl state of the forum address..... maybe u should play hail to the chief in the background :p

Hail to the Moderator, with the tune from the Chevy President's day sale...

The US folks know which one I'm talking about :D LOL

Four posts and five years ago our forum fathers brought forth on this World Wide Web a new forum, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all users are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great internet war, testing whether that Tech Forums or any forum so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great expanse of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of the forum as a final resting-place for those who have been banned so that that the forum might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave Mods, who struggled here have consecrated it far above a users power to add or detract. The web will little note nor long remember what we do here, but we, the user can never forget what they did here.

It is for us the moderators rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which the users here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored users we take increased devotion to that cause for which they give the fullest measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that they shall not have post in vain, that this WWW shall have a new birth of freedom, and that freedom of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the web.

The US folks know which one I'm talking about :D LOL

Four posts and five years ago our forum fathers brought forth on this World Wide Web a new forum, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all users are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great internet war, testing whether that Tech Forums or any forum so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great expanse of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of the forum as a final resting-place for those who have been banned so that that the forum might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave Mods, who struggled here have consecrated it far above a users power to add or detract. The web will little note nor long remember what we do here, but we, the user can never forget what they did here.

It is for us the moderators rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which the users here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored users we take increased devotion to that cause for which they give the fullest measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that they shall not have post in vain, that this WWW shall have a new birth of freedom, and that freedom of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the web.

(humming hail to the chief)

The US folks know which one I'm talking about LOL

that hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom