Overclocking Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the thermal grease will come if I purchase the Aftermarket fan/hs?

I don't want to spend too much on it the fan, as I will be getting a new system in a year or so... and my oem fan is ticking... so it seems like a good idea to buy a $30ish kit.

Should I also consider dusting out the computer as propper cleaning helps in cooling?

Thermal grease usually, does come included with the aftermarket HSF, but it's not as good, compared to AS5 thermal paste. It's some of the best stuff, for the money, for thermal paste.

For your processor, I would suggest the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, along with AS5 thermal paste. That should be around the $30 mark.

Dusting out is almost a must, when cleaning, because dust acts as an insulation for heat....and we all know heat is bad, for our computers.

Well I guess it's good enough, to do the job...but AS5 is just so much better. Actually, I think that AF64 Pro, comes with an MX-1 thermal pad on it already. And it's known to be better than AS5.

Then I guess I don't have to spend extra $$ on getting another paste, when the one they supply is already better?

What's so special about the fan you recommended me? for the same pricers there are HUUUUUGE heat sinks and fans... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom