my new build. Some help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow you guys sure are busy today haha!

so ignoring price which is better, the CNPS9700 or the tuniq? And will they fit in my case fine? What thermal compund should i use, the mx1 by artic cooling? Also do I leave the fans as they are with the case or replace them with different ones? And is the case I chose, he antec 900, a good choice too?

Oh and jsut for comparison purposes how well do these coolers perform compared to stock intel ones.

Well the CNPS9700 will look better, but the Tuniq will perform and cool better.

The Antec 900 is an excellent choice. The stock fans, that come with it, are actually quite good.

Ok the only problem I have is havingto buy the tuniq from a different place. I don't mind that if it really is worth it. How much better oes it perform and cool compared to the CNPS9700? One final question (hopefully), that tuniq looks like a beast. Can that really hold? Will it bend my components?

I guess I will keep the stock fans then but if I needed to replace them what would be a good choice?

There are a lot of people here, who have the Tuniq. None of them, have reported their motherboard bending. As long as you install it properly, theres no worry. Just don't move the case around, too much. If it's between the 9700 and Tuniq, I will recommend the Tuniq. It's a good deal better than the CNPS 9700.

ok then, that is settled. There won't be hardly any moving around except from the workplace where I will isntall it and my room then if I am accepted into university it will be driven up to the campus carefully. But that is all.

So my build now comes to:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Gigabyte GA P35-DS3R
2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
300 Gb Seagate ST3300822AS Barracuda 7200.9, SATA300
another 120gb hdd from my old PC
Antec 900 - Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case w/o PSU
620W Corsair HX
My previous 7900gtx grahpics card and soundblaster card.
a couple of disk drives

AND FINALLY AFTER A LOT OF DEBATE THE Tuniq Tower 120.

Thank you very much guys. I really appreciate it. I will post up when I have this built and let you know the results. should be soon.

EDIT: Do i use the thermal paste supplied with the tuniq?

I would suggest you get either AS5 or MX-1 thermal paste. They are way better, than the one included with the Tuniq.

A quick question. What temperatures do you get with your oc'd E6400? and at what room temperature? Becuase I am actually considering the E6420 right now. (arghh my head!!!!). If I can save some money there it would mean a lot. The difference I see with the E6420 and the 6600 is the 2.13vs2.4ghz.But is it good enoguh for gaming purposes? And ofcourse I will overclock sometime in the near future.

Theres not a big difference in performance between the e6600 and e6420. The e6420 will save you the money, because it can overclock to around the same area, the e6600 would. The e6600 just gets there easier. Just get the e6420.

My temperatures are 43C idle, 46-50C 100% load, in an air conditioned room.

You sure you're not going to wait for July 22? The e6750 is going to be the same price as the e6420.

Ok then that is settled too! Again thanks so much! No more coming from me! I will order tomorrow as it is time for me to sleep here now lol.

Really do appreciate all the help! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom