my new build. Some help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, that is the ram i am talking about.
mixed results, man. i own both of them, and they both are excellent. they both get high overclocks, but i find that the xms2c4 retains tighter timings at higher speeds.
with the prices so close, it really comes down to a matter of opinion.
they're both good, and you will do well with either.

Ok well I will stick to the corsair then which was my original choice in fact. Makes purchasing easier otherwise I would have to purchase from 2 different companies. Oh and the fact that my old COrsair RAm has been good to me makes me want to stick with Corsair.

Ok now my build comes to this:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Gigabyte GA P35-DS3P
2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
300 Gb Seagate ST3300822AS Barracuda 7200.9, SATA300
another 120gb hdd from my old PC
Antec 900 - Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case w/o PSU
620W Corsair HX
My previous 7900gtx grahpics card and soundblaster card.
a couple of disk drives

Now the only thing left for me to worry about is Cooling! The case I have chosen at the moment is this one:

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

For the time being I will not overclock yet. I want to have my PC as cool as possible. How do I go about this without water cooling? Is the case a good one? Should I get additional fans? Should I replace my HSF?

P.S. sory about the triple posting.

Ok now my build comes to this:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Gigabyte GA P35-DS3P
2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
300 Gb Seagate ST3300822AS Barracuda 7200.9, SATA300
another 120gb hdd from my old PC
Antec 900 - Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case w/o PSU
620W Corsair HX
My previous 7900gtx grahpics card and soundblaster card.
a couple of disk drives

Now the only thing left for me to worry about is Cooling! The case I have chosen at the moment is this one:

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

For the time being I will not overclock yet. I want to have my PC as cool as possible. How do I go about this without water cooling? Is the case a good one? Should I get additional fans? Should I replace my HSF?

P.S. sory about the triple posting.

Why the P35-DS3P version? Just get the regular P35-DS3R.

And which CAS latency version is that XMS2? CAS 5 or 4?
edit: Oh...I just read, some of the previous posts. It's the CAS4 edition right?

Yep sorry my bad. The CAS4 one.

Actually I don;t know why I went for the DS3P version. What is the difference between the 2? Price differnce is only £3~$6 so that does not matter.

The difference is that the DS3P has two PCIe slots for graphics. It only supports Crossfire. This isn't a needed feature. Just go for the DS3R version.

ok will do. I appreciate all the help guys! all that is left is cooling and wether I will have sufficient cooling. Any tips there guys?

The new Zalman is the CNPS9700, and it's 110mm compared, to the previous CNPS9500's 92mm size. It's a bit better than it, too...but for the price of the CNPS9700, I would go for the Tuniq, instead.

I too have the CNPS9500, and I heart it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom