Price drop of Video cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naerskine

In Runtime
I did do a search and I didnt find anything usefull...so... I know the Intel cpus are dropping prices on July 22nd or so. Are the video cards (8800, Ultra, GTX) going to be comming down in price too? When I built my current rig I didnt ask questions and bought my video card for 330. the next effin week it was like 240. Thats why I m asking. Oh, and whats a good mobo to mate with a E6850? Thanks

Neil

hmm you might want to get p35 motherboard from gigabyte as they are the next generation motherboards that support p35 chipsets that are for future cpus... also yeah just get 8800 gts for now if you are gonna buy a new video card as it is kinda waste for a gtx...

I am personally suspicious that retailers are going to ramp up the prices on other hardware on 22nd, as there will be a big boom of people building systems then. Just a thought.

I am personally suspicious that retailers are going to ramp up the prices on other hardware on 22nd, as there will be a big boom of people building systems then. Just a thought.

yes but its the ultimate business strategy..... 8800gts 320mb probably have the best bang for the buck in video cards right now.....

also don't get an e6850 when u can overclock a e6750 for free and its 83$ cheaper...

so whats the final conclusion on price drops of video cards? As i want a evga 8800gts 320mb, and last week they were £200, today they are £290, do we think it will drop any further?

thanks
hazza

yes but its the ultimate business strategy..... 8800gts 320mb probably have the best bang for the buck in video cards right now.....

also don't get an e6850 when u can overclock a e6750 for free and its 83$ cheaper...

appol's if this is off topic,
but would there be a huge difference performance/graphic wise over the 7950GX2, compared to the 8800gts 320mb ? im seriously thinking about entering 8800 world : )

cheers, al

Thanks for the replys.

So E6750 and wait till the 9 series vid cards come out?

how much diff over 3dmark06 scores is the 320mb gts over the 8800 gtx?

Thanks for the replys.

So E6750 and wait till the 9 series vid cards come out?

how much diff over 3dmark06 scores is the 320mb gts over the 8800 gtx?

gtx may give u 1 maybe 2 thousand point increase........

dont bother making that move just wait for the 9 series to upgrade from what you have got now.

cheers mate... just thinking about a "free" upgrade. the s/h 7950GX2's are going for £150 on e-bay,

and i can pick up a gts 320mb for £120 new, leaving £30 (possibly) to cover fee's and get a keg!

maybe ill hold out though... (appol's and back on topic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom