CPU upgrade advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nagasama: as I posted before, I've decided to go with a 64bit processor. As for the server software, the makers of the software said, as of a few weeks ago that the latest release of their software does not operate on 64-bit processors. I'm not sure why.

@rx7i2: What Vaanish was talking about with 512MB being a waste because most cards don't have a GPU capable of processing any graphics that would require more than 256MB of memory. I was wondering which cards did have a GPU capable of processing graphics that would require more than 256MB of memory.

I would also, idealy, be running games at at least 1280x1024.

okay sorry i didnt see that.
i'd be like, "smack!" to the makers of that software. but i am not sure that it wouldn't work on an athlon, they are DESIGNED to run 32 bit and 64 bit as it becomes more widespread (futureproof ha ha ha).
in any event, good choice. can i ask why you chose that particular motherboard? price? that chipset is good, but it is becoming dated and i would suggest either a 55o or 590 chipset. although i dont know if you can get a 590 chipset in a non-sli board.
the nforce 4 ultra is aldo an excellent chipset, but older as well. it was designed for s939, but works well with am2.
good luck!

Thanks Maroon.

@nagasama: I like to go with ASUS motherboards and that was the cheapest one that I saw that had all of the capabilities that I need. What is the problem with a motherboard being out-dated?

Edit: The inability of the software to work with 64-bit processors is not something intentionally done by the makers, they just have not yet been able to get it to work, but they are trying.

nothing at all wrong with those chipsets...especially the nf4 ultra, it is absolutely fantastic and stable. for those of us that like to overclock, the newest chipsets usually are the best. since you are not, you will have no issues with that mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom