Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law: Thanks a lot man. So would you agree with vernong that the corsair 520 would be a good choice for my purposes? It's a bit more than $120 but not much. And everyone seems to recommend it.

That PSU should be good for your system if you want to OC. It looks good.

*EDIT* What about your motherboard. Better get one that has better overclocking features.

Great, I'll go with the corsair. Yeah, I was planning on switching to the gigabyte p35 one that vernong recommended. That would be good, right?

Oh btw vernong thanks for pointing out that deal on the arctic over at svc - the only thing is I hate to pay $8.92 to ship one item... so I might just wait to get it with the rest of my stuff. Unless there are any other little things I might need that I could include with the svc order?

nice system.... question to my fellow techies tho... is the centurion 534 like the centurion 5 with the dust proof thing? dust filtration stuff.....

as for a sound card.... not necessary, (unless ur a sound phile) integrated sound has come along in the past few years... u now can get HD Audio on new motherboards.... i mean my sound is garbage if u compared it to a current mobo

i like this one but its pricey:

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

these are a sub 40$ ones:

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - OEM
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

Oh sweet, I didn't realize that onboard sound had come that far. I remember the days when it was absolute crap. In that case maybe I'll hold off on the soundcard.

Oh sweet, I didn't realize that onboard sound had come that far. I remember the days when it was absolute crap. In that case maybe I'll hold off on the soundcard.

ya i mean i have ac'97 audio.... and that makes me very angry!!!! but we have our future builds pretty darn similar:

e6750
gts 320mb
already have monitor
p35 ds3r
corsair 520
af7
nq's hz's or hk's (thats the ram...)

What about temperature monitoring - is there software that will do that for me or do I need additional hardware to keep track of temps?

coretemp..... everest don't forget to show some benchies when u get that bad boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom