Thermaltake blue orb FX/II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake64_009

In Runtime
I am looking for a HSF to accomodate my upcoming e6600 processer. Is this a good choice? Are there better ones out there and if so which ones and how much better are they for cooling?

Here is the specs for the blue orb II:
Newegg.com - Thermaltake CL-P0257 Blue orb II CPU Cooler for LGA775 & K8 - Retail

The FX has a fan speed of 1800RPM +/-10% and a Max air flow of 70CFM.

And does anyone here have either of these? I would like to know what you think of them thanks as well as what I need to consider when installing this especially space wise.

And does it matter what thermal paste i use? I am thinking of getting the artic
cooling mx1 compound.

edit: any suggestions for a good motherboard for the e6600? SLi support would be nice but not necessary. I want it to be a good one for future overclocking too. I don't want to spend too much on one either. Currently I am looking at the MSI P6N NF680i SLI at Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK. I am not even sure if my HSF will fit on this mobo lol.

I am looking for something a little cheaper if possible and it has to be from scan.co.uk as well.

ok well. the blue orb i have heard is waste of time. ur best bet are these coolers tuniq tower 120 or thermalrigth 120 ultra with fan. if u want a cheaper cooelr the arctic freezer pro 7 is a great cooler for the price.

680i imo is a waste of money and is basically just a 650i with added features. p965 and p35 are good chipsets for o/c. eg gigabyte ds3 or msi platnium p35

Well for the motherboard the only ones I mananged to find are these:

For MSI
Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK
Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

Gigabyte

Those 2 gigabyte one seemed to be quite good. Should I go for one of those?

The blue orb is a waste? I have a friend who has one for his e6600 and his temps at load are 30 something with it i believe. Im looking around for the tuniq adn thermalright one. Anyone know a UK based company that sells them?

out of those i would go for the gigabyte one which only supports ddr2. also the neo ive heard is ok aswell so one of them 2. those blue ord temos might be at stock clocks. if and only if u r o.cing do i rec. a aftermarket heatsink.

what do you mean by temos? and are you saying that if I am not going to overclock my cpu then I should stick with the HSF that comes with the cpu? I did that with my amd pc but I did not like the temps I was getting with it which was high 60's sometimes. Will this intel one run cooler? And if i stick to the stock one should I replace the thermal compound with artic cooling mx1 or leave it as it is?

Ill go for the gigabyte one your on about then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom