new to soundcards... advice plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley73

Baseband Member
Can anyone recommend a good to high quality soundcard, an all-rounder for both music and gaming, hopefully with dolby DTS surround or similar.

Running Dell MMS 5650 5.1 Surround and senheissers from time-to-time.

Looking at XtremeGamer X-Fi Fatality Pro and a few others but could really do with advice from the forum, price no problem.

Cheers, al.

yeah i got the xfi fatality progamer and its sick i highly recommend it

im getting the creative 5.1 megaworks soon hopefully 1000watts of goodness:D compared to my logi's 140 watts

the x-fi's are prob the best for gaming. but i have been lead to beleive that auzentech make better cards for music use and editing. im not sure if this is true but i do no that the new auzentechs are using the x-fi processor created by creative so it should be better than the x-fi since they have had time to make it better

yeah... thats the card i have been spying.

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1

looks a better spec than the XtremeGamer X-Fi Fatality Pro, based on the same/similar chipset with improved spec's.

my only concern is someone mentioned that they didn't want to purchase the new prelude, due to creative producing the drivers, rather than auzentech because the drivers where "bloated" from creative.

could anyone explain the expression?

cheers in advance, al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom