!!! 1GB 2900xt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you kidding? lets get some penryn or proto nehelem and get a mobo with ddr3 on it, then go to AMD, get 4 hd 2950xtx's, quad fire it, yes it wont fit so put on custom LC with extra small water blocks so it will fit, then get a 30" dell monitor, and finish it off with 4 1tb seagate barracudas... but i'd think some other techies would come after us if we tried D:

Lol, ever heard of CRAY?

you kidding? lets get some penryn or proto nehelem and get a mobo with ddr3 on it, then go to AMD, get 4 hd 2950xtx's, quad fire it, yes it wont fit so put on custom LC with extra small water blocks so it will fit, then get a 30" dell monitor, and finish it off with 4 1tb seagate barracudas... but i'd think some other techies would come after us if we tried D:
Are you kidding?
let's get four Agena's, each clocked at 2.9GHZ, and stick 'em all in the one motherboard.

16 cores of 128-bit FPU performance @ 4 IPC, along with a 4GHZ HTT bus!!

orly? My x1900xtx has 512mb ddr3 mem, and its 256 bit, and it lags a little when i play doom 3/ quake 4 on ultra. it uses OVER 512 mb of mem

According to websites I read Doom 3 and Quake 4 uses 512MB when running at Ultra (not above 512MB). It can aslo run on 256MB video card but it will store the textures in the system ram instead of video memory.

Just look at my signature. I have geforce 6600 256MB and it lags a little when I play doom3 on ultra, So I think X1900xtx should not lack when running on Ultra. Maybe you have a driver problem or maybe you are playing on very high resolution and high AA.

The main reason why HD2900XT 1GB performed better than 512MB is because it has higher memory speeds not because it has more memory. HD2900XT 1GB has 2000MHz GDDR4, not 1650MHz GDDR3 like the 512MB version

and i hate how people are already comparing it to the 8800gtx, when it's over 6 months old ( i think) and the xt 1gig JUST CAME OUT!!! the 8800gtx had all that time to get its drivers configured, and now you're bagging on the xt. man...

You are asking me why I'm comparing HD2900XT 1GB with 8800GTX ?!!!!

I comparing them because both have the same price range. 8800GTX is only $20-30 more.

The performance difference between 8800GTX and HD2900XT 1GB is not small. I don't think that any driver improvement would help HD2900XT.
And for your information nvidia is really working hard on their driver, currently their new drivers Forceware Beta 158.45 offers better performance than the official drivers.

However, I don't have time to argue with you or with anyone. The website that I posted have done the benchmark test with the current drivers, and 8800GTX performed better. I'm not bagging on XT. I was stating a fact.

With the 8800GTX's physics calculating abilities by it's Quantum Effects Technology....those floatation devices, will be all over the place.

Actually both DX10 nvidia and ATI can do physics calculating, but both are useless because as far as I know there is no game that can utilize them Yet.

i heard a dedicated physx card was the best there is for that technology right now

PhysX card is useless and a waste because there are very few games that support physX. And it doesn't improve the performance a lot. You would get better performance if you upgrade your video card, CPU and ram, instead of wasting your money on physX card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom