Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vernong: Wow, that is freakin' awesome. And on only air cooling! Do you think my motherboard would be ok to overclock like that or would I need something else? And also, I just want to confirm that this motherboard is compatible with the e6750 (because of the increase to 1333 fsb i figured it might not be) -

vernong: Wow, that is freakin' awesome. And on only air cooling! Do you think my motherboard would be ok to overclock like that or would I need something else? And also, I just want to confirm that this motherboard is compatible with the e6750 (because of the increase to 1333 fsb i figured it might not be) -

pick up the gigabyte p35-ds3r... its gonna be my replacement.. its a mad overclocker... better than the p965 and that was a great overclocker

that was stock intel cooling... i wonder what an as7 can do... btw don't buy thermal paste with the af7 the thermal pad is better

Excellent... any recommendations on a psu that would work well with that gigabyte mobo, and the e6750 overclocked? Preferably something no more than $120

Excellent... any recommendations on a psu that would work well with that gigabyte mobo, and the e6750 overclocked? Preferably something no more than $120

PSUs... lol i suck with those... u might wanna ask some1 more experienced..... excellent ur gonna overclock... very good... did u order the AF7 yet?

i think u've followed every Techie Commandment except for thou shall not skimp on the power supply....

here are all of them :)
Builders Commandments:
1. Thou shall build thy own desktop
2. Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build.
3. Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply.
4. Thou shall maintain one's computer clean and at cool temperatures.
5. Thou shall handle one's computer with care.
6. Thou shall always overclock and not fear to overclock.
7. Thou shall not covet thy fellow techie's computer.
8. Thou shall not bear false witness about thou's own computer. (Khan!!!)
9. Thou shall not use force when installing components, when components fit in one way.
10. Thou shall always install the latest drivers and updates.

but back to topic free bump :)

usually i recommend corsair 520 but thats 120$ after a MIR unless ur ok with that, its 130 w/o

Hehe, glad to see I'm following the commandments. You guys have converted me fast... if you go back to page one you'll see that I was originally thinking of buying a besbuy system :eek:

Yeah I've heard the corsair is really good. I'd be willing to spend the money on it. Just wondering if 520w is enough for the 8800gts plus the e6750 overclocked? There's a 620w version but that is $169.99, a bit expensive for me... but if the 520w if enough then I'd definitely get it.

Hehe, glad to see I'm following the commandments. You guys have converted me fast... if you go back to page one you'll see that I was originally thinking of buying a besbuy system :eek:

Yeah I've heard the corsair is really good. I'd be willing to spend the money on it. Just wondering if 520w is enough for the 8800gts plus the e6750 overclocked? There's a 620w version but that is $169.99, a bit expensive for me... but if the 520w if enough then I'd definitely get it.

it would be, its got the rails and the hooda hada to run it..... follow the commandments or u get sentenced to anti-heaven where u are forced to recode Windows Millenium Edition... :) but the 520 is really nice....

Yea I heard the P35 are great potential for overclocking.

blyver this should sum up the advantage and disadvantage of single and multiple rail, Multiple power supply rails explained » Power supplies » Glossary - XSReviews.co.uk - Trusted Hardware Reviews

However it gets a little more complicated than that. I like to keep reading about PSU and I'm also learning to.

blyver, there are great PSU for under $120, because you will overclock I definitely would get rid of the Rosewill, I just don't trust it much for overclocking. They are only good for stock from lowend to mid range system. I'll help you take a look and recommend some.

Edit* Don't be fool by the wattage, some PSU may have 600W but their 12v stinks. You need to pay attention to the rail.

Law: Thanks a lot man. So would you agree with vernong that the corsair 520 would be a good choice for my purposes? It's a bit more than $120 but not much. And everyone seems to recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom