almost final NEW PC SPECS... need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I can't hear my drives above my cpu fan and in my file server there are so many in RAID that they hardly ever spin up to full speed lol so i can't say from personal experience. The hitachi are actually suppose to be quietest in there lower size capacity models. the noise between them all is comparable due to the physical size, casing and rpm being the same the only real difference is the number of drive heads and platters or the data transfer speeds

Wank is a great British word the yanks just can't come up with insults or vulgar phrases like an englishman can its a known fact plus americans constantly have to assert there masculinity by naming there cars "the grande cherokee" and other stupid names whilst european cars are given model numbers which tell you the make model and version of the car "Mercedes E320" its a "mercedes" german car make known for luxury cars, "E class" its a luxury version of the C class with higher quality finish and better extras "320" the version number its been improved since the 260

if he isn't overclocking then the q6600 is an awful processor for him to get simply because it is slow and hot and multi-threading is not yet supported. it is also the entry level cpu for quad core if he's an overclocker then the q6600 is a gift from god otherwise its just a pile of wank. the E6850 would be better by far

I'm using a laptop right now with Core Duo @ 1.83ghz (Yonah). I'm sure the q6600 is a lot better than what I'm using now, right?? I love this 1.83ghz computer, it's fast. I have a freakin integrated video card AND I can play Doom3 and F.E.A.R on minimal settings, but it's still smooth. Believe it or not. I think anything faster than what i'm using now will keep me happy. Although laptops and desktops are different leagues... I'll still compare the two.. haha.

they are complete different standards

1) the mobile core2duo's are low power around 30W whilst the desktop C2D are around 60W
2) quad core and dual core behave differently
3) what on earth has a quad core got to do with playing F.E.A.R lol

change to gskill hk's cheaper than hz's but better than xms2.

and get a seagate 320gb 16mb cache HDD instead.

those changes are worth it

change to gskill hk's cheaper than hz's but better than xms2.

and get a seagate 320gb 16mb cache HDD instead.

those changes are worth it

ya do taht.... also get the HD's with Perpendicular Recording... also Kobe ur an expert on G-Skill RAM which ones are HK (which colors) lol so many RAM choices!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom