How to Boot from CD in Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakec

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

Need some help in Booting from CD ROM, I am re-installing XP and I can't figure out how to boot from CD in this new bios my parents computer has. It looks something like this....

Help much appreciated

Jake

Attachments

• adnanced.jpg
    adnanced.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 72
eh, you went in too far, instead of entering Bios, there should be instructions saying temporary boot device.

However, I think if you go under the main menu somewhere, there should be something saying boot device or something like that.

But yeah, it should be under the main menu, prolly not advanced

Or you know... under the boot tab. Change the boot order so that the cd drive has highest priority.

Or you know... under the boot tab.
Yeah, you know, that big tab that says BOOT is probably what you're looking for ;)
It will display the boot options/order and you can shuffle them around. Make sure you place CD before Hard Disk and you're gravy.

dont you ever get a message when you start windows "press any key to boot from cd"

dont you ever get a message when you start windows "press any key to boot from cd"
You wouldnt get that message if the CD ROM isnt your first boot device. It would just skip over it and go directly to your hard drive.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom