is it safe to change the color of a DVD-RW drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
is it safe to change the color of a DVD-RW drive? i know its a stupid question but when i get a new system i really don't wanna trash the DVD-RW just because the color is white and won't match with the coolermaster centurion 5 :)

umm, I would think it would be fine, but how exactly do you plan to do it.... spraypaint?

I don't know what the best way to do it would be, but if no paint gets into the actual drive, then it couldn't hurt.

just be careful lol :)

yo can take the casing off of the drive and the front bezel and spray paint you will need a flexible primer to attach the paint to the plastic. Just for safety I would stick a small piece of masking tape over the optical lense to prevent any overspray afterall the optical laser is the only part I can think of where spray painting it would cause serious problems

Just for safety I would stick a small piece of masking tape over the optical lense to prevent any overspray
I wouldn't, it might leave residue. Besides, this won't be a problem if he takes the faceplate/bezel off.

well I was thinking more like you plac a small square of normal paper over the lens and then stick it down with masking tape thus no actual masking tape touching the optics

Take the faceplate off, and the front plate on the drive tray (on most drives you can remove it)
Then spraypaint both of those. But don't spray paint the inside of the tray.

You would actually considering trashing a part because it doesn't look right?

Geez...when id the PC world become so stupid?

Just take off the bezel and spray paint it...it will be fine...and the worst case scenario is that it breaks, and you buy a new one, which you planned to anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom