Will not install Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robrein

Solid State Member
I have been building, maintaining, customizing, and repairing comps for bout 4 or 5 years now. I just picked up a bunch of comp parts from a friend that runs his own shop (Mostly junk or overstocked parts). I put together a machine that runs just fine. The bios recognizes everything in the comp. I tried to load a copy of Windows Xp onto it and got nowhere. It acted like is was gonna take but then stops with a blinking underscore. I have reset the bios to factory defaults and I did the more fun way and took the cmos out and reset the jumper. Same thing. I have tried everything and I usually don't ask for help unless I am completely stumped. Please help me out. Thank You

Actually I let the bios auto detect the cd drive and it found everyone that I tried in it. I know that the disc drives that I have put in it work for the simple fact that they r mine and I take extremely good care of my stuff. Not to mention that I just pulled them out of working machines.

bios recognized your hd? Is hd a "junk" part or is it a good working hd? Maybe do a longer cmos reset...12hr reset. Good luck
BTW, maybe you have a bad hd.

I know the Hard Drive is good. I just pulled it out of a working machine... and it was just bought not that long ago as well. I will try wiping the bios for a few hours and see if that works or helps any. Thanx

Have you tried other operating systems, that would help you determine whether its hardware or software related.

I actually used 3 different versions of Windows. The first of which was Windows XP Pro. The second was a modified version of XP Pro Scene Edition. The third was XP home. All of my discs are in really good condition. Very few and hard to see scratches.

Your cd drive might be busted because that same thing happened to me before I bought a new cd drive and worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom