Media center computer video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you on about???? high definition in the tv/AV world is relatively standard definition in the pc world gaming consoles are about 5 years behind any pc in both visual graphics and overall player experience. You will only need one box for everything and that is your htpc you can get contract digital tv through it, play hd dvd's, blue ray discs and normal cds/dvd's it can have home automation software built in the possibilities are endless. An all in wonder chip will do you great for a cheap price it is optimised for tv use. the 7600gs is optimised for media player use and has hdmi output but I think you need a seperate cale for sound. There is an ati card which encodes both graphics and sound but I can't remember the **** model name. What are the complete specs of the system you planning to build??

Ok sorry i just herad that 8500 and 8600 had purevideo 2, compared to 7 and 8800 series having only purevideo 1.

There is an ati card which encodes both graphics and sound but I can't remember the **** model name.

Do you mean the HD2*00 series? It says on the website that they have 5.1 surround sound audio built in.

purevideo 2 is a good thing but it doesn't actually work, sorry if it sounded like I was flaming you its not something that they would tell you in the specifications it may work in future releases through driver updates but atm it not good for htpc use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom