Friends new computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Renowned Budgeting Master
hello there, my friend purchased a computer from Ibuypower a month ago or something and he called me yesterday to say that he gets the "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage..."

I told him the best way to get rid of it if he cant start up windows is re-install Windows XP pro with the windows CD I gave him for the computer. So I was telling him over the phone how to load up the install setup and he says he got to the part where Windows was in "setup" and loading all of the drivers such as the plug n play drivers and serial bus. He then says half way through that process he gets the SAME error that he gets previously. I have never seen this happen and I don't understand how running from a Windows CD that he can possible have this error. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Download windows memory dignostic Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

There is instructions on the page on how to burn it to cd & run the test
Its bootable so aftar u burn it to a cd put the cd in the drive & restart your pc & if your bios is set correct it should boot of the cd & run the test i would run it for about 2 hours if it finds a problem & you have 2 sticks of ram remove 1 & run the test again if it finds a problem again put the stick you pulled out back In & remove the other stick & run the test again

Post back on how you go aftar doing this,

Download windows memory diagnostic Microsoft Online Crash Analysis
There is instructions on the page on how to burn it to cd & run the test
Its bootable so aftar u burn it to a cd put the cd in the drive & restart your pc & if your bios is set correct it should boot of the cd & run the test i would run it for about 2 hours if it finds a problem & you have 2 sticks of ram remove 1 & run the test again if it finds a problem again put the stick you pulled out back In & remove the other stick & run the test again

Post back on how you go aftar doing this,

Sorry for double post the first post i forgot to put the link in :p & i thought i hit edit but i hit reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom