Smashed socket 775 pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naaa, I got a bunch of boards and this particular one, the pins were laying down like something hit it. I got a very large lot from Liquidation.com and this is just one of the boards in it.
By the way, maybe not junk yet. I spent about an hour with a sharp pick and a magnifying glass. All the pins look in very good shape now. Unfortunately I have no chip to insert into it to see if it works.
I personally believe this to be a very bad design. Looks like you can just breath on it and the pins move.

The pins might look good but they wont work like new. They may not retract properly. Nonetheless, its a stupid design.

Bad design choice but it's probably cheaper for Intel not to have to stick pins on all of their procs an leave that up to the motherboard manufacturers. That's why they did it--it benefits them.

The design is better for intel. People can't complain about bent processor pins.

The design is perfectly fine as long as people use it correctly.

The design is not fool-proof...but pretty close.

Was talking to a friend this morning. He is highly upset. He purchased an asus board $229 and a processor. The the process of prepairing to put it together, he dropped his screwdriver on top of the socket and smashed a few pins. He called Asus and they suggested he buy a new board. He's gonna bring it to me in a couple days and see if I can maybe straighten it out some and hope it works. I'll use his processor to test mine too to see if I did a good job with mine.

Sell it on ebay. JK.
I once bought an Athlon xp 2500 for $15 shipped. It was an as-is sale. Took a chance and cpu was a no-go. What pi$$ed me off about that particular merchant is that he sold dozens and dozens of these cpu's and each and every one was dead. Can't believe even after every feedback was saying that cpu was dead, dumb a$$ people like me were still buying these cpu's hoping one would be good.
Lessoned learned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom