My Power supply bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you do a memory test with the program i linked you to ? heres the serial to register, registry mechanic

Giovanni Arocho
BFDF-D4A4-6FE8-58A9-534C-7BB2-111C-C93B

I highly recomend you to do a memory test you do the easy stuff first before you go pay $$ to get a new power supply ,,, & when you do the chkdsk you schedule a boot time chkdsk to do this go to my computer then right click on c drive Properties tools tab then click check now & tick both check boxes & restart & it will run a check next time u boot up

To me the problem seems more like bad memory or virus/Spyware

hmm... interesting.. ill check it tonight,
thanks so much so far for the advice.

Here take these 1000000 e-bucks.
you deserve em
all of you.

I didn't even know you were overclocking, I should have seen the spec on the first post LOL.

Your PSU is crappy that's why you are having those issue. Better get a better PSU man. What other stuff do you have in your system?

yeah as said before ,the watts dont always matter most. yes you have enough watts. but the amps on your 12v rails probably need to higher. you need a better psu.

the amps regulate how much voltage can be sustained. having too low amps can make things unstable and also can eventually cause power supply failure in some cases.

but its 500w. would that be enough? I'm planning over overclocking some more as well..

IMO that Enermax I posted is way more than enough for your system unless you have like a ton of other devices that I don't know about. And it will help you overclock better than that no name PSU with the single +12v rail can be very unstable especially with that low amp on it.

If you want future proof I can suggest a 650 to 700W but it's not necessary unless you are going to be adding SLI or a lot more hungry devices.

Solid proformer, these single rail are great.
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply 100 - 240 V RoHS, FCC, CE - Retail

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail

The PC power & cooling is quite big, might not fit in all cases.

alright so im going to go with this PSU
Newegg.com - ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT ATX12V 500W Power Supply 90V~265V (Auto Adjusted) UL, cUL, TUV, CB - Retail

So you guys think itll be able to hold my oced system?
I'll restate specs just incase:
5 Fans
2 1 Aftermarket heatsink.
7950gx2 @ 600mhz/1650mhz
X2 Brisbane 3600 @ 2.85
Every usb slot used.
and a 19" widescreen monitor..

I kind of like the modular cabling.. if you powersearch on newegg you find some cheap ones..
so i should stay away from those?

Stay away from no name cheap ones, they will try to draw you into buying them with stuff like modular design, 600WATTS, SLI certified, but they are crap because their +12v rail can't handle any modern hardware.

Be careful when buying PSU, it's best to consult the people online for their opinions first before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom