Vista on laptop? How terrible is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used vista on a laptop with almost identical specs... and it was too slow for my tastes. at the very least you'd have to upgrade to 2gb of ram.

It will probably be a little sluggish on that, especially when compared to Windows XP. If you could find something with similar specs with XP on it, though, you'd be just fine.

It is geting harder for people to find Rig's with XP installed on it so I guess that Vista might be his only option.

I think that the laptop is around average but don't expect to run vista well on it, my advice is get a laptop like that and then get a copy of XP installed on it.

Vista came with my lappy and to my surprise I dont really find it that bad, and its not to much different then yours. I'd say your right Chris about having a hard time finding a new rig that has windows xp, I couldn't find many here when I was looking.. (other then display models)

Before you buy an xp disk just try out windows Vista, If its to slow put xp on there.

My new laptop came with XP but it is ex display and it is a little on the basic size more of a bare bones "It runs and thats what you get" as you know I am upgrading it soon ;)

Hello there i also had that problem. I bought laptop about 3months back with specs. 1.73dual core 512 ram. It had vista and it was quite slow. However i got rid of the themes, unwanted startup programs and services and....prefetch. And it seemes to be okay now.

But if you require a seriously fast pc i recommend you installing xp. (yeah iknow it costs)

dell make good laptops surprisingly you can also use the repair disks to install vista on any machine apparently dunno if thy have corrected that obvious flaw

I dunno, we just picked up a ThinkPad with a 1.8 core2 and 1.5gigs of RAM and it doesn't run half bad. start up is rather slow, but other than that I am not too bothered by it. Vista Business by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom