how does my amd compare against intels? also ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya that sounds like a waste of money to me to buy a separate board to upgrade your cpu. just get one of the AM2+ boards that comes out during the same time as the new am2+ cpus. you will probably be much better off doing that.

i have this mobo : ASRock Motherboard - Product - 939Dual-VSTA - Overview

"1 x Future CPU Port (Supports CPU upgrade from AMD Socket 939 CPU to Socket AM2 CPU through AM2CPU Board)"

thats what i meant. it has a slot above the graphics card slot, where a separate board ("AM2CPU Board") can go in, onto which a am2 cpu can be used.

I had an Asrock Dual SATAII in my old system, which i think is quite similar - if not the same mobo. AM2 wasnt released for another 6 months after it and the main problem i see with it is that it doesnt support DDR2.

I know the 'future' cpu socket thing was designed so it could handle a 940pin cpu - but im not sure if it really is AM2...

hes right.... u need a mobo upgrade.... but newegg doesnt have the biostar tforce560 (only mobo that i know supports AM2+)

i'd like to retract this statement b4 some1 flames on me... because when i searched for it i searched biostar tforce560 which doesn't register anything......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom