Decided to upgrade.. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdryicexx

In Runtime
Hye guys, I fianlly decided to dish out the 400-500 bucks neccesary to upgrade my comp.. I am currently running a amd athlon 1800+ 15.ghz cpu on a old abit Mobo with 512 ddr ram and a 9600 XT vid card with sound blaster audigy..

I want to keep my vid card the same, ethernet and sound card., case.. etc.. but want to upgrade my Mobo and slap on a P4 HT 2.8e ghz CPU with 1mb L2 at 800mhz FSB on an ASUS P4P800SE (HT supported, up to 800mhz FSB supported, on board RAID support aswell), this alone would cost be around 300 bucks.. What I want to know though, is what type of ram should I get for this?

and also.. does anyone know if the asus p4p800se has any radeon vid card compatability issues? beacuse I have read a review from someone who said his 9600 XT (same card I have) did not work well with tihs mobo while playing games.. while another person with a 9800, and someoen else with a 9600PRO said it worked fine.. So I am a bit worried.

Oh and also, would I be better of (since i am upgrading for better gaming performance/quality) to go with a amd athlon 3200+ cpu with an asus w/athlon support? would it beat out the p4 i am thinking of getting?

Ok guys, here is the list of what I am getting. Please let me know if this is good and compatable with eachother, as I am pretty certain they are, but need a more professional look..

http://secure.newegg.com/app/shoppingcart.asp?submit=SHIPPING

Those 3 chips will be grouped with my radeon 9600 XT, 80 gig HD, and other things like my ethernet and sound blaster audigy card..

Please let me know if you guys think this is the best way to go for the 400 dollars I am about to spend.

if u want a gamin comp def go with the xp3200. its alot better chip and its cheaper aswel i think :D

Get the a64 3000+ with the asus k8v deluxe se, and a stick of pc3200 512mb ram. The prices of the a64 3000+ and the 3200+ xp shuld be around the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom