Power supply and PC performance?? is there a link??

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
Hi, simple question for all you seasoned techies out there.

If i had lets say...a 400W no brand name powering my rig with no problems and stable...

will upgrading to a...500w enermax increase the performance of my components in anyway?
thanks!

the watts have nothing to do with how well your parts perform if your not over 400 watts, but ya go with a decent brand name and save yourself the trouble of PSU issues

the watts have nothing to do with how well your parts perform if your not over 400 watts, but ya go with a decent brand name and save yourself the trouble of PSU issues

yep look a the updated power supply guide in the Tutorial section for good PSU's

if you think you will get an increase in frames per second etc then the answer is no, but as said your parts will last longer and the psu will be much more stable and supply a stronger currant.

what determines the fps is ur GPU and CPU, and the game with game settings....

actually.... [deleted my stupid comment even before editing because I am Tom Park (Korean)]

yea psu doesn't impact gaming performance directly

HII B1GAPL!!!

actually.... [deleted my stupid comment even before editing because I am Tom Park (Korean)]

yea psu doesn't impact gaming performance directly

HII B1GAPL!!!

all it does determine if ur things work........

i see. thanks for all your comments.

as a side note, for the user Invisible...is your pentium 4 3.0ghz a dual core? how did u get a pentium 4 3.0ghz + a 8800 in the same system? soz for the newbieness, but ive never heard of a pentium 4 3.0ghz +PCIE motherboard.

i see. thanks for all your comments.

as a side note, for the user Invisible...is your pentium 4 3.0ghz a dual core? how did u get a pentium 4 3.0ghz + a 8800 in the same system? soz for the newbieness, but ive never heard of a pentium 4 3.0ghz +PCIE motherboard.

Um Pentium 4's are LGA 775 well at the least the newer chips are....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom