Building a Workstation Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a fan of the lights and ricy look anymore

More the classy look.
I think I'm going to go with the Antec one.

yea I even saw that one and liked it. The reviews on it being flimsy cuts me of from it. I hate flimsy cases.

To add another side to this discussion, couldnt he just buy a 8800GTX, and softmod it to be a top of the line quadro, that would normally be much more? I have herad about people doing this before.

Yup, this is exactly what I am doing. 8xxx series cards use the same gpu as the quadro fx 5xxx series cards. The quadros just have better drivers and support. Theres also some features on the gaming cards like overlay that are disabled that you will want for maya/3dsmax and theres was of enabling it.

The mobo stinks NO fire wire support and doesn't fit right in the case.

I'm going to get a new one in a month.

I knew I had a bad feeling about the motherboard. I needed to tatoo the BIOS so my SATA Rom and HDs would work with it. I even needed to bring it into Geek squad to have them help me fix this.

This computer gave me more of a pain in the fanny than any other computer I've ever made. And still is please go (HERE for new thread)

Edit: Another thing about the MOBO. There isn't any sensor for the CPU. So if it over heats there no warning. But in BIOS there is a guide where you can enable a warning even though theres no sensor..... strange....

i cant believe you called the geek squad and payed money for help, when 75 percent of the people on here know 10x as much about computers then the geek squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom