zalman cpns9500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
i just borught a zalman cpns9500 for my pc (computer 1 in sig) but my cpu runs slightly hotter than now than it did with stock cooling, i have it at 2.53GHz and it runs at the same temp as my stock cooling did at 2.66Ghz,

so basically my zalman has made things hotter, i read somewhere you have t burn them in for 100 hours, i did apply a thin layer of thermal paste,

should i take it of and reaply the thermal paste? i dont want to as its on a MATX mobo so i have to take the mobo out as things get fiddly, any suggestions????

That's weird. I would remount it, myself. The 9500 is a cooling beast.

Oh, and I don't use Vista, but it is rubbish... as of right now. ;) I got to "experience" while setting up my mother-in-law's computer... she took it back because nothing would work with it.

ive reseated it and he temps dropped about 4 degrees but i would expect to see it to be much cooler

Most thermal paste needs to cure. Run your computer during the day and shut it down at night for a week or two. Your temps should gradually drop as the paste cures out.

cool thanks Trotter, i gave B1gPal a bell as he has the same model

Most thermal paste needs to cure. Run your computer during the day and shut it down at night for a week or two. Your temps should gradually drop as the paste cures out.

this should be stickied because lots of people are now bit**ing that their temps are higher after switching coolers .
this would be my third time explaining it

ya np

BTW did you at least spread the thermal paste with your finger or did you just leave the blob to spread itself after the heatsink was put on?

ok good , some people i know just leave it for the heatsink to spread it around afraid to get their fingers dirty causing the thermal paste just to cover the center on the cpu , also making the temps rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom