choice of 2 screens, help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

In Runtime
hi guys, ive narrowed it down to 2 screens, the 24" dell and the 22" samsung. i cant decide which to get though. the dell has LOADS more functions, and is bigger, but the samsung has a better quality picture according to the numbers.

the dell has a 1000:1 contrast ratio, and the samsung has a 3000:1 contrast ratio.
so my question is, should i really forfieght all of the features on the dell for the better contrast ratio? would the difference between the contrast ratios even be noticable?

thanks

hazza

edit: forgot to mention, i will be gaming on it mostly

get the dell (i thought i would never repeat those words) samsung is great for everything else but is known to have poorer performance for gaming

HII B1GAPL!!!

well, around the £300 mark, possibly over. the dell that i wanted on ebay seems to have been bidded on, LOTS! darn it! i think i may end up not being able to afford the dell :-(

i really like it though because of all of the inputs, perhaps the same model but smaller??

any answers on the contrast ratio question?

any other suggestions?

thanks

hazza

the screen you linked to is the one i am interested in. i dont really understand the whole contrast ratio. it has 1000:1 during normal usage, and only 3000:1 when a feature is turned on.

The 3000:1 is it's Dynamic Contrast Ratio. It helps display darker images or dark scenes from a video, by lowering the power of the LCD's backlight. That Samsung 226BW, is an excellent monitor choice, for gaming and movies.

ahh i see. i'm now swaying towards the samsung, as i think it will have a nicer picture, and the cheaper price leaves me more dosh to buy more sweeties (or anything else for that matter!) im a bit worried about the whole 'A' model over 'S' model thing, i dont want to pay the same price for an inferior product compared with someother regular joe! i think it's unfair!

i have another question, but it may be slightly off topic, so i may end up putting it in a separate thread if i get no answers. anywho, what are my options on watching tv on my pc screen?

i know i could go down the tv card route, or even the usb tv card route, but ideally, i want the tv part to be separate from the pc. are there adaptors that turn vga into scart or red white and yellow socket things, so that the screen can be connected directly into my freeview box?

thanks

hazza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom