Tuniq Tower 120

Status
Not open for further replies.

morrty

Baseband Member
Just wondering if anyone has had experiance with this...
NCIX.com - Buy Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120 AM2 LGA775 S754 S939 S940 Heatpipe Cooler 120MM Blue LED Fan CPU Heatsink - T-120-LFB In Canada.

I want to get a cool looking heatsink/fan for my new computer which is going to have a side window.

My main concern is that I read somewhere but cant find out where that the unit is very heavy and will bend your motherboard...

Ive read nothing but good reviews otherwise... The mobo I plan on getting by the end of the summer is either the GA-965P-DS3 or one of the asus P5 boards. (most likely the ds3 though)

Anyone have one?

Thanks, I have another question.

Of all the installed pictures I've seen, the motherboard was laying horizontal so the tuniq tower didnt have any stress on the mobo. I have my computer standing vertical, is the TT120 going to bend my motherboard this way?

I think I may just pay the extra and get a zalman 9500 or 9700, Ive seen less positive reviews but its not nearly as heavy

It is going to bend your motherboard but it won't damage it unless you move your desktop alot to lan parties and then you would just have to be careful. Any large heatsink will be heavy but the cooling they offer is excellent compared to stock

The zalmans won't be as good at cooling I only used one because of limited space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom