Installed new power supply PC still not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
I am a Computer Technition. I installed a new power supply in a DELL everything is plugged in correctly and my PC is still not turning on I was thinking the board but the green LED on the board lights up when I plug in the new power supply. The old power supply tested fine on my multimeter and the new power supply tested fine. But still no sign of life thought maybe the switch but that looks fine. Computer is a DELL Dimension E510. ANY IDEAS!!!

dell has different pin outs than standard psu's so you have to use a dell power supply on it

im pretty sure

dell has different pin outs than standard psu's so you have to use a dell power supply on it

im pretty sure

Check this out. My friend had an emachine. The mb went out. So I bought(geeks.com...2years ago) a dell mb made by intel. Anyway, I installed it in his emachine case and everything worked.
Just 2months ago, the mb went out again. First I thought it was the pwrsupply since all I got was that green light. I bought 2 different pwr supplies and still the pc didn't start. Turns out the mb was dead!
I wouldn't be surprise if that mb is dead..and not the pwr supply!

i just finished building my cousin a custom computer using some of his old P4 parts , anyway he used to have a HP slimline desktop which of course his motherboard fried due to power spike. it literally didnt power up, checked the PSU nothing, the led was working on the time but no avail.

unplug the power button from the motherboard and try powering her up by a jump start with something metal if nothing then your looking at a new motherboard by now, since u said u tried couple PSU

i guess i was wrong some guy on here said that they had diff pin outs but

oh well

my friend on here bmxfreakrider said they did

i guess i was wrong some guy on here said that they had diff pin outs but

oh well

my friend on here bmxfreakrider said they did

haha putting the blame on someone else, yea i have one computer behind me that doesn't start up, so i gave it to the carpet

HII SALTYNAY!!!

Dell did use to have proprietary PSU for their system. So you have to be careful with Dell system before 2000. If you put a standard PSU into a dell MB, the pin will probably fit but the wire arrangement don't match. You might end up destroying the MB and PSU.

Maybe your MB is using the standard layout, did you plug in the P4 connector? It should be a +12v four pin connector on your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom