x1950pro 512mb AGP8x

Status
Not open for further replies.
alrite guys, i just placed an order for the enermax librty 500w
22a on dual 12v rails.

i also ordered 2 'rounded' IDE cables.

i know this is kinda off topic, but is this the right cables for my pc?

i have 2 'ribbon' cables id like to replace, theres like, 2 connectors on each ribbon...one 'ribbon' is connected to 2 of my dvd drives +mobo.... and one 'ribbon' is conneted to my harddrive +mobo.

is the 'rounded IDE cables' ive bought the right ones? thanks!

also, how much will my rig bottleneck my graphics card?

pent 4 3.0ghz /w HT
2gig ram

will there be any noticeable improvements from my previous 6800gt, and (after my 6800gt fried), my current 7300gt card.

because i really want a nice Half life 2 : episode 2 experience on high details with widescreen resolution (22" monitor) when i get my hands on it. I was devastated when i found out i played the whole of half life 2 on a fx5200 on DX8 mode. T_T.

You'll see a pretty good performance boost from the 6800GT. I have the 256mb x1950pro, coming from a 7600GT. The the difference was quite noticeable, with higher resolutions. I can play HL2 easily at 1680 x 1050 maxed out. Maybe that's because I got a C2D...but the bottleneck, shouldn't be much with your components.

thanks for the advice b1gapl, i knew there was gonna be some sort of bottleneck, but i was really worried i wouldnt notice a signifcant differnece from my previous cards. (gotta get my $200 dollars worth!! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom