NF7-M wont shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlittlebear

Baseband Member
I have an NF7-M that will not shut down. When I try and shut down it just reboots. I have tried disconnecting the powerbutton same problem.

I have held down the powerbutton to where the PC shuts off, did the test again and the PC kept power cycling while the button was depressed.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~1730 Mhz (AMD 1700+XP)
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)"
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Bios version 25
Onboard Nvidia gf4. Using 32mb of system ram.

actually this is a diff PC, same board.
Not actually mine, but I was oh so lucky to get the problem call.

Will check the green light thing this evening, when I go back over there.

List your full system specs again including Bios version being used, OS, PSU size..ect.

all in the first post, save for HDD which is IBM 80gb and RAM maker, corsair VR 512 333. Has cdrw and dvd drive too. Can get specifics on the cd drives when I go back there this evening.

Sounds like your Front Panel PWR Switch and reset switch are not conected properly . .Look in the manual for the proper connections .No manual ? Get online and download it .

it happens regardless if the front panel is connected or not. It did work fine for like the first 3 mos of operation, now, it has been doing it for 10 or so mos.

the green light does go out, but for just a moment as the PC cycles power the light comes back on. the other light stays on all the time. Powersupply is 350w.

I have noticed that running winbond hardware Doctor v2.7 It says that the vsb is low. 4.29v.

There is a Pwr supply testing tool available you can find 1 at Comp USA,Best Buy,Circuit City ive seen some at Staples.
Id test the PS , sounds like it may be breaking down on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom