Connecting LCD via DVI cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
ok got a new monitor today, its a samsung syncmaster 940BW, when i connected it via DVI i got no picture on the screen, just a message flashing "Analog/DVI"? what do i need to do to get it working? at the moment im using normal VGA cable

there should be a button on the monitor to switch between analog and dvi. My monitor has 5 different inputs and I have to select which one I want to use. What monitor are you using?

Just wondering, did you plug the power connector for your video card? I think it should either be a 4pin molex or 6 pin PCIe. Also, have you tried both DVI port on the card?

EDIT* Also there are different DVI format, do you know what DVI format the port on monitor is (DVI-D, DVI-A, DVI-I)? I know that the 7950GT should be DVI-I. You might need the right cable else they won't work.

nothing has been touched inside the pc.
Just got a new monitor thats all, why would i need a different DVI cable other than the one supplied? surly that one should work as thats what its for?
Ill try pressing the buttons on the front when the cable is connected

To be honest im not seeing any difference really but what the hey, its probably better just i cant really see it with my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom