PC Not Showing Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amd2800

Daemon Poster
Hello

Just brought a P4 Board w/ CPU and i added a GFX card and 256MB ram to test it .. but the board fires up but no display

the memory is unbranded and only pc2100 DDR SDRam - 256mb ram
p4 2.4Ghz Cpu
Nvidia Geforce 440MX
Altair G Mobo with a 82801EB Chipset

Please dont tell me the board is Broke !! need this board to work !!

Thanks

Check ALL the cables are correcty plugged into the motherboard. Then double check it.

Does it come up with anything at all, like the motherbaord manufactuer etc? Or are you just not able to get into windows.

What PSU do you have? It might not be working properly.

300Wat PSU

yeh its only gfx card , ram , cpu , psu and moniter

the card works fine ... ram works fine in another pc ... cpu works fine ( got told board works fine )

Well if you have another computer the best thing to do is butcher it (for the moment :) for parts, and use the stuff you KNOW works, like psu, gfx card and monitor from the other computer. If you set all the good stuff from your other pc with the new mobo/cpu, then you can test it and see if it works.

If it still doesnt then it will be you mobo - just process of elimination really.

Well i no Memory work , Graphics card works and PSU Works and CPU works !!! but im sure its memory cause its PC2100 some new board dont like Old memory eg pc2100

I know this is a stupid question, but did you test the video output on the integrated video source? (and then go into BIOS and select which video source you want to pull from).

Crappy.. it might be trying to use the onboard only and not switching over automatically. Update your bios (if that's possible) and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom